Saturday 20 April 2013


The samples are an inch to two inches wide. Each one is threaded up differently but the lifting plan is the same, a basic twill.  The warp is sand coloured Connemara linen, which is quite thin, and a little stiff before washing. The crossing threads, weft, vary, I've used spun silk, viscose and a cobalt blue Connemara linen. It is striking how different they are to each other. It's a small, simple adjustment but the capacity to tweak a design and completely, or slightly, alter the result is gratifyingly huge. And, although, as I mentioned in a previous blog, I'm a little anxious about the quality of my show work, I am pleased I have taken the time to try out this idea because I feel like my design skills are stronger for beginning this project. 






No comments:

Post a Comment