Friday 19 April 2013

I've been weaving ribbon samples. I wanted to understand, really understand, how threading up the warp changes the material that I weave. The results are so-so which is unnerving at this stage of my degree, and at a time when other people on my course are making amazing pieces of work. But I have to remember that my degree has been for me about learning, about finding out and building a core body of skills that I can then draw upon post graduating. 
The ribbon samples feel like the beginning of new project. I often find that as I explore a brief, ideas begin to flow and I am drawn on to explore new paths. It's my adventure I guess. Stitching, and unpicking cloth, and weaving threads may not seem very adventurous but I find it really exciting and wonderful.

No comments:

Post a Comment