Sunday 10 April 2016

Lots to things I want to record from this week, bits of art stuff, bits of play, and maybe some thoughts about the world. I've been feeling a bit self conscious about my blog of late, wondering what it's about, why I do it, why don't I keep a hard diary if diary-ing is what I am doing, and I think it is, but if I think that my blog is my diary and only really for me then it makes it easier to be me and not to put on the performance-face. It may be that it is the performance-face that has had me side-tracked for a while. I think we all have one to a greater or lesser extent and it probably connects to our core stability, both emotional and physical, the more confident I am in my body and being, the less I need to make myself seem bigger than I am, the more able I am to expose my vulnerability and insecurity, my lack of certainty. 
In a culture that adores the braggart, it is hard to be a small person, a nothing-much. Who amongst us relishes the dull days but the reality is that most of us are dull days, but by the same token on a dull day a bee may stop to browse nectar from a dandelion, a stranger's smile may be met by a stranger's smile, a morning cup of tea may be just right, a late night fag looking at the stars may be the perfect end to a day. You catch my drift. Dull days may be the best days of our lives, and most of our lives will be made up of many dull days so it's important to keep an eye out for the little things and to revel in them as they happen. 
On that note, here a couple of photos of an idea I am playing with at the moment, they are just scribbles but I like the way the paint has stuck to the paper, and I like the fraying paper fibres. 



2 comments:

  1. How clever, you write so beautifully . Colours are lovely, did you choose the blue background, I hope that you did.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, thank you. Yes I chose the blues, one is a light wash of prussian blue and one is a similarly light wash of cerulean blue, both cotman watercolours. I'm just doodling really to keep my hands moving.

      Delete