Sunday 17 April 2016

April is proving a good month for day trips which is a good thing because I am slightly drifting at the moment and having small marks in time makes my drift seem a little less aimless. Maybe I am meant to be living quietly, not pushing, not fixing too hard on a goal. In a way having no obvious point of focus allows me to move any which way, to float like a dust mote in a shaft of sunlight but having no concrete sense of purpose is disconcerting in a culture that prioritises money, and status through power or belongings, above everything else. So sometimes I am able to be gentle with myself, to yield in to what is., and sometimes it is harder and I feel a bit useless. But then again what is useless and what is not ? Who is useless and who is not ? These are heavy questions. So it's was good to get out on saturday, to bathe in fresh air, birdsong, sunlight, and spitting rain, to watch, listen, be somewhere that allowed me for a while to stretch out of myself.
Orfordness is somewhere I've wanted to visit for many years. I'd seen lots of photos on the internet and the beautiful bleakness called to me but somehow it never happened until this weekend. The place is something special. I'm no photographer so my pictures really don't do it justice but instead of rambling on I'm going to let them do most of the talking. 

No comments:

Post a Comment