Tuesday 30 June 2015

I've picked myself up a camera so once I've got used to it my blog will become colourful again. In the meantime I've been enjoying colour in my kitchen studio. I've been playing with the brick that my burglar used to smash the glass in my back door and some of the work coming out of that play is very beautiful. And the piece I am making for the sculpture trail is beginning to take shape. Yesterday I was dyeing with dandelion petals and alum. 
Making thought and feeling physical is a weird process. Giving my being a shape that can be seen is hopeful but also a form of dare because in exposing myself I risk success or failure, accolade or rejection, or maybe, just limp nothing, any of which can fell my confidence and freeze me in my tracks. Still, this is what I do and the pleasure in creating something I love seems to outweigh the torment of doubt about how it will be received. 
So today, more dyeing. And, possibly, an undoing of many bound tacks and bottle tops on a little silk camisole that I've been revamping.   

No comments:

Post a Comment