Saturday 5 July 2014

During that time in great darkness my daughter had two children. I can say without a shadow of doubt that the smiles of those two little ones and my own children and the care and kindness of some very good friends gave me passage back to a life on earth. My garden, my art and my body (though dance, yoga and shiatsu) were part of my return too. 
Recently my grandson inspired me with his circle drawings. One circle inside another in different colours which he was casually drawing after seeing some aeroplane markings, if I remember rightly. I made a half-hearted attempt to copy his drawings with some inktense pencils but the results didn't really shine. But then I tried screen printing overlapping circles and then scrumpling them and they look quite nice for first notes. As always this idea that I have cribbed from Luca is work in progress and these first notes are doodles and notions that I will let be to grow where they will for a while.


No comments:

Post a Comment