Sunday 5 April 2015

And today there has been a touch of spring in the air, warm enough to sit outside with a mug of tea as the light was fading, the birds are full of song and flowers are flowering or in bud. It's that time of year when I have most hope for my garden. Most hope that I will manage to nudge it towards looking amazing for months on end. To be honest I have yet to manage this but I enjoy trying.
I was given a big pile of wood-chip by the tree surgeon who looks after my trees. It has filled the front garden so I've been shifting it on to the flower beds and re-covering the path that runs down the length of my back garden because I need the parking space for my shiatsu clients this week. 
I've also been repotting my outdoor pot plants, a job I've been hankering to do for a while but just not got round to it. Today and Good Friday have been the first days that I've been able to give myself a fair chunk of the day gardening. Gardening is great for my heart. It's sweet to get some grit under my fingernails and to begin to see what is growing and what is not.  

No comments:

Post a Comment