Saturday 25 January 2014

I've just finished reading this wonderful book, "Strands - A Year of Discoveries on the Beach" by Jean Sprackland (pub Vintage Books). It is beautifully written and I hope I won't be breaching any copyright laws by quoting the last paragraph. I wanted to share, and to make a note of the book in case I should forget.

"Each tide brings in another cargo of mysteries; there's always something, once you get used to looking. But the real thrill is in the chance nature of these encounters. Like so many of our happiest meetings, they are coincidental. You happen to be walking along the right part of the shore, just as something is delivered there by the tide. The two of you are on separate journeys. You come from one direction, it comes from another, and your paths intersect"

Isn't that lovely ?

No comments:

Post a Comment