Saturday 7 September 2013

It might seem odd but my local cemetery is a nice place to take a short walk. In the older part there are big trees and places where plant-rogues, brambles and ivy, grow out of graves. Today I went to pick berries for dyeing, and to take a few photographs. I found laurel fruit which I think are probably poisonous, and blackberries of which there were many. 
It's a funny thing about this graveyard, I don't know if it is the same elsewhere, but some graves are marked with cherubic angels and a lot of these have lost their heads. I remember clocking this a few years ago, and I have a feeling that I will be taking more photographs of angels headless and otherwise over the next few months. And making note of seasonal shifts as the coming year passes by.


No comments:

Post a Comment