Thursday 19 September 2013

I spent a very lovely afternoon yesterday with Colin Johnson, http://colinjohnsonart.tumblr.com/, looking at his studio space and discussing his work and mine, and other stuff besides; connections, walking, found objects, fabric, deterioration, light, stitch, dye, exhibiting and other artists whose work we admire, the list goes on. 
I met Colin last December when he kindly agreed to let me interview him for my dissertation essay. He is a beachcomber, artist and printmaker, amongst other things, and his work has a quiet brilliance that I really love. We share many interests, and I really appreciate his friendship as an artist some-many steps ahead of me. Our work and work process meet and mirror in many places, but we are also different enough to be bringing new ideas to the table that suggest and provoke new creative directions. I think, I hope, this feeling is mutual.

No comments:

Post a Comment