Wednesday 22 May 2013

All third year students at NUA are invited to submit an entry to the Bishop's prize. Not everyone does, but the brief was inspiring so I decided I would. I'm excited at the thought of exhibiting at the cathedral. but it isn't guarantee-d that all the entries will be shown so I am really hoping that mine makes the grade. If not I will find it another space because I like it.


   









The theme was light and dark. I thought about the myth of Orpheus and Eurydice, life cycles - in both man and creature, birth, death, a butterfly cracking out of it's pupa, jungian psychology, the shadow and the light, the seemingly endless rhythms of the moon, the sun, the sea and the journey of the soul, from dark to light to dark to light, in aeternum.

No comments:

Post a Comment