Sunday 10 May 2020

SNU. ASU2. And what would i have done if time had not been stopped when the country went into lockdown. 
For SNU i had made acetates ready for a screen that i hoped to print in the last week before the holiday. The acetates were of the message in the bottle enlarged and of seagulls. I was looking to layer the colours. I intend to try the acetates as lumens but will do it after hand in for pure pleasure. I had also hoped to make three further copper plates of Jon's hands and the two sculptures in the southward garden i may do this when all being well i return to uni for the final term. I also wanted to have more digital prints made up of the CMYK image, to experiment with screen printing over the top. 
For ASU2 i was going to draw into the hard ground on the copper plates that i made and also to make collagraph plates from the train tickets over Easter with the intention of printing them in the week we returned. It is possible that i was being overambitious in thinking i would get both these projects done in the time that was left. I was also hoping to mount them in a concertina book. I was frustrated not to have done more bookbinding this term but glad that our tutor arranged for us all to have a morning workshop which opened the door to bookbinding and let us peep in. I hope over the summer holidays to practice a little. The plates i was hoping to make will now all have to wait until next year after i have hopefully finished my MA. 
   

No comments:

Post a Comment