Friday 18 March 2016

Hmm, and then I step away from my great long pompous blog post about failure and I think actually sometimes, often, failure does matter. I'm an artist, if I splash some paint on a piece of paper and it only looks so-so it's not a big deal, it doesn't impact on anyone else. But if my mistakes cause suffering or damage to another then the ability to acknowledge failure is imperative. It is a mark of intelligence and understanding.
I think I'm having a muddled day because for me the reality is rarely so stark as black and white and I am constantly riddled by doubt but I felt a need to add a postscript because play and responsibility are a dynamic that needs constant adjustment, too much play and we end up with what we've got, a horrible imbalance between the rich and poor that really isn't o.k. The ability to fail is a part  of play. But responsibility and ownership of what we put out comes into play too. 
I guess there isn't a hard and fast answer to my meandering musings but being fair, being honourable, seems like a good idea.

No comments:

Post a Comment