Tuesday 4 August 2015

I'm two days in to making my piece for the sculpture trail and maybe halfway done, today and tomorrow I shall be dyeing some more cloth and then hopefully finishing it over the weekend. It's been some journey but I'm beginning to really like it. After the weeks of worry this is a real relief because if I like my work then I don't mind who else does or doesn't. If I am unsure, and I make alot of unsure work it's part of the process, I prefer to keep it a little private. 
Anyways, the piece is called "Bigods Way 2" and it's something akin to a memory quilt. There's a story behind it on my website http://beccajiclfford.weebly.com/ in the projects section. And when it is finished I will post a photo of the whole piece but for the meantime I've just taken pictures of some of the colours in detail. All the dyes are from leaves, petals, berries and other things gathered from the hedgerows around and about the sculpture trail site. 




No comments:

Post a Comment