Sunday 1 March 2015

Whew, where did February go ? The first part was spent working at the local art school, not in a glamorous role but helping with the new academic years intake of interviewees. It was inspiring on lots of levels to be there. 

And then I'd thought that I would have a quiet week this week getting my head into gear for the sdc showcase but it turned out to be a bit more go-ey than I'd expected. An artist friend, Holly Sandiford, put out for a couple of volunteers to help her set up a recovery though art weekly workshop and so I am committed to that for the foreseeable future. This looks like it could be very interesting work so I am excited to have been accepted as part of Holly's team. 

And the other thing I've been up to is putting together an application for the Waveney River Sculpture Trail. I know it's risky to talk up things that I haven't had a yes or no for but this brief really sang to me so I've got everything crossed and I'm putting out a fair whack of hope. Whatever the outcome of an application I have always found applying useful even when my proposal or work is turned down because the thought process and sketch-making that goes into getting it to a point that feels good enough creates a whole hive of new ideas and stretches me out of my safe space which allows me to grow as an artist. It's a win win situation really though I would really like to get this exhibition the Waveney Valley is a little bit lovely and it would be heavenly to have a good reason to spend some time there. 


No comments:

Post a Comment