Saturday 1 February 2014

On wednesday, I walked to the local university and the surrounding park to drop off a piece of work I'd made for the SIFA fundraising auction http://sifa.uea.ac.uk/. It was bitterly cold but I like walking and I took the opportunity to look at the regular collection at the SCVA- Sainsbury Centre - while I was there. 
I have a tendency to be too intense and introspective so it was a real tonic to look at the amazing work which is displayed there and is so easily accessible. It's a collection with real soul. I realised how important it is to look for inspiration outside of myself. I came home with new ideas and notions for making, and feeling really glad to have such a great resource on my doorstep.
The UEA is a building I have loved since I was a child. My father used to work here in the biochemistry department. I remember several visits to his office, I liked the labyrinth of walkways and the feeling of being lost but safe. So for old times sake I took a photo from the bridge that links the University to the SCVA http://www.scva.ac.uk/ which was built some 20 years later.


No comments:

Post a Comment