Wednesday 26 February 2014

I'm only going to mention the books I really enjoy on my blog but it seems a good place for me to make note of them. And if anyone looks at my blog who isn't me they might be inspired to read them. So the latest is Life of Pi by Yann Martel (pub Cannongate) which won the man booker prize some years ago and was turned into a film which I saw at the beginning of last year. I really loved the film, but the book is even better. 
I thought I'd jot down a brief excerpt and a sentence, just a couple of the many lines and ideas that resonated with me and gave me pause for thought.

"All living things contain a measure of madness that moves them in strange, sometimes inexplicable ways. This madness can be a saving; it is part and parcel of the ability to adapt. Without it, no species would survive." - page 41

"What a terrible thing it is to botch a farewell" - page 285 

No comments:

Post a Comment