Thursday 22 March 2012

Its been an interesting week. On Saturday I went to dance workshop with Celia and Gaelin Little. I have known Celia for some years as she is one of my favourite shiatsu teachers and her daughter Gaelin is friends with my daughter. They are both wonderful. The workshop was called Out of Nothing, and combined authentic movement, witnessing, contact improvisation and elemental chinese medicine theory as well as their own extraordinary way of teaching. I had been feeling a bit off centre, and although I am still trying to find my balance, the workshop was a step in the right direction.

Back to yoga on monday, with the lovely Lou Kitchener, thinking about core stability and opening the heart. It's good to be moving again, I'd missed going to classes last term, my body has been feeling stiff for lack of use. 

It's still term time at uni, I have too many ideas and longing for a little quiet space so I can filter out which ones are worth spending time on. 

Still, I am thinking about flowers this term as a theme for my self directed project. So I've been taking photographs of the cherry-plum blossom, which is out, tho' nearly over, in my garden. I shall pick a small twig and draw it this morning before I miss my moment I think. 

   

No comments:

Post a Comment