Tuesday 23 August 2016

I hadn't realised how long it has been since I blogged. It seems strange that I haven't posted about the work I have just put up for the Waveney River Sculpture Trail, I will write about that later and post pictures. 
But my reason for coming on to my blog today was to write about my beautiful little cat. She came into our lives 13 years ago, a tiny-weeny kitten, white fluff with a heart shaped tabby patch on her side and a tabby tail and ears. She was a brilliant, brilliant, brilliant cat. A real charmer. 
I have so many memories of her, how her tail curled into a question mark when she was small and watching her chase said tail quite viciously as if she didn't know it was attached to her. And a year on  being with her while she gave birth to her kittens. We kept one - the only boy - and he is a wonderful reminder of his mother, similarly good natured, loving and lovable. 
But cats (and dogs) don't live as long as humans and my sweet little girl cat had a problem with her thyroid and got thinner and thinner over the past two years, she was happy, possibly happier than before she started losing weight and was playing with her catnip mice in the week before she began to really fail but .. here's the sad bit, and I'll be honest I haven't had a day for over a week when I haven't cried because last week she stopped eating and in the end I had to call the vet to come and put her to sleep because I didn't want her to be in pain and it's hard to know how long starving to death takes or how it feels. 
So my wonderful snuggle-up girl cat RIP. You were great and I loved you and I miss your lemon-drop eyes and your purr and the way you cat-chatted. xx

No comments:

Post a Comment