Friday 30 October 2015

In the spirit of simple, I've been turning long leaves into twine. It's creative but not challenging which allows my mind to soften and close down a little as I focus on an easy repetitive task. 
I had bunches of dried sisyrinchium and daffodil leaves kicking around my studio as clutter, now they feel a little more useful. The daffodil leaves made a fairly neat and rather lovely honey brown and green string. The sisyrinchium stained my fingers and the string which is black/dark brown is fat and thin with bits sticking out every which way. I like them both for different reasons and it's interesting to see how differently two fairly similar materials respond to the same process. I am rather regretting putting the crocosmia and flag iris leaves on the compost heap now but they will grow again and next year maybe I'll be more diligent in my gathering.





No comments:

Post a Comment