Sunday 12 July 2015

The sculpture trail set up is drawing closer and I still have much to do. On saturday I went out to the site to see how much. This was interesting because the idea i've been working on for the past few months needs tweaking. When I set up a practice piece it somehow felt too solid. 
I wondered how our lovely curator Sarah Cannell would be with me moving away from my original proposal. but when I messaged she seemed quite relaxed, saying it was the nature of site specific work that it might change - I could have kissed her - because it has given me the freedom to go with my intuition. 
My intention is to return this week to try out a couple of different ideas, one of which is my current favourite. It won't be any hardship to go back to the site so soon, if I miss a few weeks of walking the valley I forget how lovely it is, but there really something extraordinary there that I catch as soon as I step off the bus and take my first breath. Magic is insubstantive but I would say that there is magic in the valley. 




No comments:

Post a Comment