Sunday 1 June 2014

Just finished the second weekend of open studios. So far I have really enjoyed my days meeting visitors and showing them my work. And every so often somebody comes round and there is a moment of joy when you both realise that you have met another artist who speaks the same language. For me this was my real hope when I signed up to the open studios event. 
People come in fits and starts, maybe there is no-one for an hour or so, and then a rush. It is nicest for me when they come in sequence because then I can try to show them work that connects to their interests. 
During the lulls this weekend I have been practising making coil baskets. I took down my old washing line on saturday morning and replaced it with a new one. The old one is nicely weathered and I am using a silver coloured wire to hold the baskets together. The pots/baskets/bowls are quite small, their size determined by the length of line they are made from. The length of line determined by the natural breaks which time and wear have imposed on the plastic. Making them feels like time well spent.  

No comments:

Post a Comment