Wednesday 7 August 2013

Way back in February I received a bursary from the SDC to help me set up a dye kitchen to work in after graduating. I'm now in the process of doing that and having invested in some mordants and a very lovely set of scales, I have been busy over the past couple of days experimenting with natural dyes. The results were initially a little disappointing but then odd things started to happen, colours changed in ways that I really didn't expect; blackcurrant and chrome gave me silver grey, and just as I'd given up on copper it did wonderful things when combined with onion skins. I am now eagerly anticipating the elderberries, sloes and blackberries, and thinking about other readily available organic material to experiment with over the next few months. 



No comments:

Post a Comment