Saturday 29 September 2012

Yesterday, I spent a gentle day, learning to make an A-line skirt. I have no dressmaking skills and I'm not really competent on a sewing machine, so it was quite challenging. The day workshop began with cutting a pattern, adapted from pre-made blocks to fit our measurements. I've never done anything like this, but always wanted to, and it is difficult learning a new skill, but the teachers Sue Maton who runs the Mercerie http://themercerie.net/  and Pat were patient and very helpful, and we all went home with a skirt that needed not much more than finishing touches to be ready to wear. I feel that although I am far from being able to make my own clothes, I have begun to make tracks along that way, and I am looking forward to attending the next workshop with Pat and Sue. 

Dressmaking workshop, little girls dresses

No comments:

Post a Comment