Sunday 8 April 2012

Easter weekend, the past week I have let myself be buoyed up by hope. The garden is full of hope at this time of the year, birds are nesting, and everyday new flowers emerge. The plum blossom is all but over, but has been followed by the cherry, and everywhere there are primroses. The forget-me-nots are just coming thru' and there are lots of pinky-red tulips and some fab helebores. The comfrey, alkanet, honesty, cow parsley and alexanders are all about to do their thing. And my inherited camelia, which is really too pink and blouse-y, is on the verge of bursting it's buds. 
I am cursed with insomnia at times, this is not good, but on the up side I hardly ever miss a dawn chorus and the birds are going for it at the moment, great bubbling streams of song, ripple into the darkness. It starts with maybe just one voice, which is joined by another, and another, and another until it is so loud it fills the morning, then it softens out to the cooing of the pigeons, maybe they are late wakers. It fills my heart too. Happy Easter.


No comments:

Post a Comment